Guardians of the Stars
- Era: Interstellar Space Era
- Manufacturer: Far Isles Corporation (FIC)
- Government(s)/Organization(s): FIC
- Type: Cruiser
- Size: Medium/Large
- Crew: 150
- Speed: C
- Cruise: 1G
- Max: 6G
- FTL: FIC Military Linear Type 1 (1.4 ly/m)
- Agility: C
- Armor: C
- Endurance: B-
- Weapons: 28 Railgun Turrets, 2 Heavy Missile Launchers (1-8 shots, 80 max), 2 Standard Missile Launchers (1-8 shots, 80 max)
- Defenses: Flare/Chafe Launcher
- Sensors: B
- Small Craft Capacity: 4 Covered Hangar Bays (8 XL docks, convertible to 12 Large docks)
The Vindicator Cruiser was meant as a counter to the Alamo Destroyer and it’s massive missile barrages. Both it and the Alamo however came much to late to be useful though with the war being over before either was finished in any numbers. It’s highly debatable that the Vindicator would even have been effective in this role as it’s defensive screen was no better than many frigates of that era.
The Vindicator employs 28 railgun turrets (14 ‘above’ and 14 ‘below’), 2 four pack heavy missile launchers, and 2 standard four pack missile launchers as weapons. It also made use of four variably equipped hangar bays which could be used to launch fighters or shuttles. Four rear mounted fusion torch drives provide it with thrust.
The FIC keeps a small number in service with each fleet. Currently most are used to carry ‘assault squads’ of dropships and their crews including some ground based vehicles. Why they are used in this fashion is unknown.