Guardians of the Stars
- Era: Modern Space Era
- Manufacturer: Ares Shipyards
- Government(s)/Organization(s): SAN
- Type: Destroyer
- Crew: 84
- Size: Medium/Large
- Speed: C
- Cruise: 30G
- Max: 360G
- LGS: 3:10
- FTL: SAN Military Linear Type 2 (2.5 ly/m)
- Agility: C
- Armor: B-
- Endurance: B (C+ with missile doors open)
- Weapons: 76 Heavy Missile Launchers (1-76 shot, 760 max), 3 Heavy Railgun Turrets, 9 UV Laser turrets
- Defenses: Stealth, Flare/Chafe Launcher
- Sensors: C
- Small Craft Capacity: 3 Full-Sized Docking Ports (3 XL sized mounts)
The Titan Destroyer was designed as a replacement for the Alamo Destroyer. Destroyers had become smaller since the Alamo had been made and Gravitic technologies had become important additions in ship design. Early on the ship had a spin gravity ring rather than an LGS, this was later replaced with three radial pods. While a successful design it does not have nearly as much firepower as a Alamo Destroyer.
The standard armament is 76 heavy missile launchers, 3 Heavy railguns, and 9 UV laser systems. The UV Lasers are intended to provide anti-fighter/anti-missile coverage, three mounted forward, and three mounted both front and back on the extended pods. Three Fusion Torch drives power the vessel and a FTL drive system gives it interstellar ability. The Titan Destroyers uses a second generation LGS to provide gravity.
Several different armament variations have been designed, but none have been used. One proposed design is to remove the railguns and mount experimental pods housing particle beam weapons. However the proposed design uses a lot of power, far more than the current one and so no such pods have been built. Also like it’s Alamo forerunners only the Titan and Colossus have been built and no current plans exist to add to the current inventory.