Guardians of the Stars
- Era: Late Interstellar Space Era
- Manufacturer: Mars Shipyards
- Government(s)/Organization(s): UEG, later SAN
- Type: Destroyer/Light Cruiser
- Crew: 72
- Size: Large
- Speed: C
- Cruise: 1G
- Max: 7G
- FTL: UEG Military Linear Type 1A (1.5 ly/m)
- Agility: D
- Armor: B-
- Endurance: B
- Weapons: 40 Heavy Missile Launchers (1-40 shot, 80 max), 384 Standard Missile Launchers (1-384 shot, 1152 max), 4 UV Lasers, 8 Railgun turrets
- Defenses: Stealth, Flare/Chafe Launcher
- Sensors: C
- Small Craft Capacity: 1 Basic Docking Port (1 Large sized dock)
The Alamo Destroyer was designed to do something no previous ship was designed to do: wage war. They carry a prodigious amount of fire power rivaling battleships and were entirely designed for combat, though physically they were slightly smaller than a cruiser like the Defender Cruiser. They are able to launch insane barrages of missiles more than capable of overwhelming any normal anti-missile defense. However they were built for war in an era of conflict and then finished construction in a time where true all out war never occurred. Instead their time in service has been marked with patrol duties and pirate hunting. However since they have continued to be very effective and so have continued to be used.
The Alamo has 40 Heavy Missiles Launchers, 384 Light Missile Launchers, 4 UV laser system turrets, and 8 railgun turrets. 4 Fusion Torch drives provide it’s interplanetary thrust. It also has a FTL drive for inter-system movement. The only downside of the Alamo is that they have no gravity systems, so all crew must deal with a zero-G environment at all times.
The Alamo series ships were named after famous battles and the only ships of this series produced ended up being from famous wildly one sided encounters: the Alamo and Thermopylae. Neither was finished until just a month before the end of the UEG/Colony War and neither had fought in that conflict. They became the backbone of the SAN instead, though the SAN declined to make more during a time of peace.